Women’s Fund of ACCF announces 2020 grants
For Immediate Release
October 29, 2020
ASHLAND – Ashland County Community Foundation recently awarded several Women’s Fund Grants to support and empower women in Ashland County.
Nine grants were awarded grants, totaling $18,910.
The following organizations received grants in the 2020 Women’s Fund Grant cycle:
- ACCESS received a grant to provide an additional transitional housing unit for successful ACCESS clients.
- Appleseed Community Mental Health Center received a grant to purchase outreach and prevention education materials for Safe Haven.
- Appleseed Community Mental Health Center also received a grant to provide Family Systems Trauma training for Appleseed therapists.
- Ashland County Cancer Association received a grant to provide Yoga4Cancer instruction for cancer patients in Ashland County.
- Ashland Pregnancy Care Center received a grant to purchase New Virtual Software Platforms.
- Fostering Family Ministries received a grant to provide “Involve: Trauma Informed Systems” training.
- Loudonville Church Women received a grant to support The Store, Day of Caring and Back to School Open House.
- Mission to Amish People received a grant to provide mental health intervention to MAP clients and New Beginning Homestead residents.
- Olive Tree Care received a grant to provide cooking equipment.
The Women’s Fund of Ashland County Community Foundation was established in 2004 to create a permanent legacy that enhances the lives of women in Ashland County.
Women’s Fund Grants are competitive grants awarded by ACCF to 501(c)(3) and other qualifying charitable organizations in support of projects and initiatives specifically designed to support and empower women in Ashland County. Grant recipients are chosen by the Women’s Fund Steering Committee of Ashland County Community Foundation.
Donors can support the Women’s Fund by contacting Ashland County Community Foundation, 300 College Avenue, Ashland OH 44805 or by calling (419) 281-4733. Contributions may also be made online at www.ashlandforgood.org.
The application deadline for Women’s Fund grants is May 15 of each year. Inquiries can be made by calling the Foundation office at 419-281-4733 or visiting the ACCF website at www.ashlandforgood.org.
About Ashland County Community Foundation: Ashland County Community Foundation advances philanthropy and improves the quality of life in Ashland County by connecting people who care with causes that matter. ACCF has awarded over $17 million in scholarships, grants and distributions.