Women's Fund of ACCF announces 2021 grants
July 22, 2021
ASHLAND – Ashland County Community Foundation recently awarded several Women’s Fund Grants to support and empower women in Ashland County.
As part of the Women’s Fund Childcare Initiative, this year’s grants were awarded solely in the area of childcare. Seven grants were awarded, totaling $18,327.
The following organizations received grants in the 2021 Women’s Fund Grant cycle:
- Rape Crisis Domestic Violence Safe Haven received a grant to cover childcare costs for domestic violence survivors while they attend support groups.
- Appleseed Community Mental Health Center received a grant to help women in the Supported Employment program access free childcare as they work to get back on their feet.
- Brethren Care Village received a grant to purchase tables and chairs for preschool age children when its new childcare offerings begin.
- Fostering Family Ministries received a grant to recruit additional care teams, increase summer day camp scholarships and provide additional daycare scholarships for caregivers.
- Olive Tree Care received a grant to purchase new books, educational DVD’S and cooking classes for the program’s children and families.
- Park Street Brethren Preschool received a grant to purchase strollers, toys and other supplies to support the recent addition of infant care to their childcare offerings.
- The Salvation Army received a grant to provide before- and aftercare scholarships for parents of children in the Summer Day Camp program.
The Women’s Fund of Ashland County Community Foundation was established in 2004 to create a permanent legacy that enhances the lives of women in Ashland County.
Women’s Fund Grants are competitive grants awarded by ACCF to 501(c)(3) and other qualifying charitable organizations in support of projects and initiatives specifically designed to support and empower women in Ashland County. Grant recipients are chosen by the Women’s Fund Steering Committee of Ashland County Community Foundation.
Earlier this year, the Women’s Fund Steering Committee launched the Women’s Fund Childcare Initiative to expand access to high-quality, affordable childcare in Ashland County. This goal is being accomplished through reactive grant-making— including the awarding of the grants listed above— as well as through the committee’s efforts to spearhead the creation of a new childcare center located in or near Ashland Business Park.
Donors can support the Women’s Fund by contacting Ashland County Community Foundation, 300 College Avenue, Ashland OH 44805 or by calling (419) 281-4733. Contributions may also be made online at www.ashlandforgood.org.
The application deadline for Women’s Fund grants is May 15 of each year. Inquiries can be made by calling the Foundation office at 419-281-4733 or visiting the ACCF website at www.ashlandforgood.org.
About Ashland County Community Foundation: Ashland County Community Foundation advances philanthropy and improves the quality of life in Ashland County by connecting people who care with causes that matter. ACCF has awarded over $19 million in scholarships, grants and distributions.