Award Guidelines & Nomination Procedure
The Dr. Lucille G. Ford “Freedom from Selfishness” Award was established in 2013 and is sponsored by The Women’s Fund of the Ashland County Community Foundation. This annual award recognizes an Ashland County woman who demonstrates a long-standing commitment to philanthropy.
This award recognizes and honors ACCF’s founding president Dr. Lucille G. Ford who defines philanthropy as “freedom from selfishness.” Dr. Ford demonstrates on a daily basis that a lifetime of dedicated, committed service truly does make our community “a better place to work and to live…for generations to come.”
The Dr. Lucille G. Ford “Freedom from Selfishness” Award program recognizes the women in our community who exemplify a lifetime of philanthropy and achievement without boundaries, a giving of self without reservation.
- Must be a current Ashland County resident (for at least the past 20 years)*
- Must demonstrate a long-standing commitment to philanthropy (talent, time or resources)
- Must demonstrate a true giving of self for the betterment of the Ashland County community
Nomination Deadline: June 1
- Please complete the attached nomination form, being complete, clear, concise, and limiting responses to the space provided. Letters of support may be attached.
- Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted.
The award recipient will be selected annually by a committee of The Women’s Fund of The Richland County Foundation. In recognition of her achievement, the award recipient will receive an award personalized by Dr. Lucille G. Ford. The recipient will be recognized at an ACCF event in the fall.
*The nominee must be a living Ashland County resident at the time the nomination is submitted to the ACCF office.